Thursday 13 January 2022

On being shy to admit the minor irritants of COVID


This very small Japanese lacquer tray bears a small selection of  relatively cheap clip on ear-rings.. behind which is a story that it embarasses me to tell.   Here goes:

One of the Very Annoying (but relatively unimportant to others) aspects of  obligatory mask wearing is that 'persons' who like to wear ear-rings but who have cringed at the idea of piercing ears have most likely lost a lot of those same ear-rings as the mask is jerked off...

Well, perhaps others are more cautious but I am not. Patience was never one of my attributes.   The cruel moment came when I was parking baby Audi in the woodshed after a longish expedition to the shops.  I was wearing my favourite pendant ear-rings, beautifully faceted emerald drops. Well one of those is now somewhere mixed into the sawdust - the other is a single pendant.

HOWEVER! upon arrival in London, some random magazine offered me a solution - a handful of small, cheap to buy ear-rings. I seized the offer - ear-rings are vital to one's sense of balance - and they duly arrived.  So far I have not lost one - but perhaps that is easier in London where ear-rings are more visible on pavement than in rural dirt and dust. At least, with a ring on each ear, I feel safer, better balanced. So far I still have the lot.

No comments:

Post a Comment